episode 4 fun facts:
- Biltong is originally from South Africa and was created as a way to preserve meat in a delicious way
There are 3 main differences between jerky and biltong:
- Biltong is air dried, jerky is smoked
- Biltong uses a dry rub, jerky uses a wet marinade (think Kansas City BBQ vs. Texas Style dry rub BBQ).
- Biltong uses salt and vinegar to cure, jerky uses only salt.
- Chef’s Cut Original Biltong is made with just 7 simple, quality ingredients: USA-sourced beef, vinegar, salt, spices, rosemary, mushroom powder, and cultured celery powder
THE GRILL DADS KNOW GOOD QUALITY MEAT
The Grill Dads are Mark Anderson and Ryan Fey, also known as Mark and Fey. Best friends for more than 20 years, the two started cooking together for dinner parties and casual barbecues. As the hungry crowds grew, Mark and Fey were able to turn their passion for making crave-worthy weekend eats into appearances as guest executive chefs planning sold-out pop-up menus at Los Angeles restaurants.
Mark and Fey won Food Network’s Guy’s Big Project, an original competition reality series created and hosted by Guy Fieri, which led to the launch of their own Food Network series. Leaning into their roles as fathers to young children, appreciation for top-quality proteins, and lovers of ‘dad jokes’, Mark and Fey are now proudly known as the Grill Dads.