Join the Chef's Cut Real Jerky Co. Team!
Cut from the best, perfectly seasoned, tender – you may think we’re describing our product, but we’re actually talking about our people. Apply here to join our growing team at Chef’s Cut that’s constantly changing the way people think about (and eat) jerky. Don’t see a position that fits you? Be sure to check back in. We look forward to hearing from you!
Demand Planner Manager
This role offers a very unique opportunity to be a part of the team where the vision/goal is to be the #2 brand in the meat snacks category. The company is well-funded by VC investment firms, which have the capital and commitment to create something special and tremendously successful.
The Demand Planner Manager is a mid-level professional in the Operations department of a fast-growing consumer packaged goods company with a focus on forecasting, planning, and analytics as well as managing the company’s trade deduction programs.
- Provides projections by SKU to supply chain/operations department and tracks results.
- Performs and publishes root cause analysis on key metrics including customer service levels, inventory levels, actual vs. scheduled production, and master schedule stability
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure adequate supply maximizing service level as well as identify risk from excess inventory
- Provides key analysis and direction of forecasts to maximize decision-making ability to the director
- Conducts and provides analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) among product lines and accounts
- Manages the purchasing process for new and active items from overseas manufacturing plants using rate of sale, door counts, seasonality, and 3-6 month production lead time, optimizing control of inventory expenditures
- Monitors, identifies and coordinates other internal and external inventory locations to improve supply efficiency and order fill rate
- Fosters consensus and collaboration in the planning process through working with the sales, product, marketing, and corporate planning teams
- Manage and analyze deductions and short payments on invoices paid including promotional discounts, off-invoice discounts, scanbacks/MCBs, logistics charges, etc
- Coordinate research with finance and sales teams to properly classify the deductions as valid or invalid and identification of responsible party.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting/Finance preferred)
- Experience in Sales Customer Management environment preferred
- 2+ years experience in a planning role
- Ability to forecast, analyze, and prepare statistical data and metrics
- Ability to manage/mine data from multiple sources to create necessary reports and databases
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to extract conclusions from available data and “tell a story”
- Expert PC skills, especially MS Excel and Access
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to calculate and analyze figures
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines